United Insulated Structures Corp. (UISC) is a Design/Build General Contracting Company specializing in cold storage and food processing facilities. UISC is currently seeking motivated Civil Engineering and/or Construction Management Students who seek out professional experience and growth to join our team of highly skilled Project Managers and Superintendents as Intern Assistants for the Summer of 2019!
Responsibilities & Duties for Summer Internship:
Assistant Project Manager:
- Provide Assistance as required by Project Engineer as needed with Project Start-Up and Project Close-Out.
- Schedule and Coordinate Site Meetings; this will include Assisting in Meeting minutes for Owners and Subcontractors and relaying any changes.
- Attend, Record, and document project addendums.
- Track and maintain submittals for approved materials utilized on each project.
- Prepare Bid Packages and Estimated Costs; Assist team with general contract and subcontract administration, learn to read and interpret contract documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Material & Equipment – procurement and expediting.
- Organize Field Work; exposure to construction scheduling.
- Travel Required.
Qualifications: Essential Job Requirements:
- Junior or Senior status working towards Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- Valid Interest in pursuing a career in Construction/Project Management Required.
- General Knowledge of construction principles/processes.
- Geographic Flexibility and willingness to be assigned to a jobsite within a multi-state region.
- Proficient writing and computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong Work Ethic and commitment to learning, staff development; ability to give/receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Previous “Hands on” construction experience.
- Experience with Project Management Software.
- Proficient in Bluebeam.